Monday, April 23, 2012

Alabama Library Association Annual Conference


This week, it will be my tremendous pleasure to catch up with my colleagues from around the state at the Alabama Library Association Annual Conference. Last year was the beach - this time it's Birmingham.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing Deborah Wiles, whose really innovative novel Countdown was awarded the organization's Alabama Author Award for children's literature. (Confession: until the awards were announced, I did not realize she was an Alabamian!)

At the Thursday morning Youth Services breakfast, I will be introducing my good friend Beck McDowell, whose book This is Not a Drill will be published by Penguin this October.

My presentation, just after the breakfast, will focus on using social media to track what's going on with YA authors and big trends in YA. It will feature a skype-in from the amazing Myra McEntire (whose Hourglass blew me away, and I keep hearing the upcoming Timepiece is even better!).

Ya'll come!

No comments:

Post a Comment