Friday, October 4, 2013

Bridget's back!

A few years ago, I had a rash moment and thought I was going to, single-handedly, save print publications. A world without magazines seemed to me simply unimaginable, so I subscribed to everything Conde Nast had on offer. Now, Next Issue would probably save me some money, but I spend much too much time squinting at an LCD display already...and, frankly, all those mags have been worth it for the excerpt of the forthcoming third Bridget Jones book in this month's Vogue. I have scanned in the excerpt for those who don't subscribe below...I know I first encountered Bridget in a magazine excerpt, but I can't remember if it was Vogue or Cosmo. I do know Fielding changed my (and so many other readers') life with this candid, spot-on exploration of contemporary womanhood.




I love the emphasis on the frenetic, wired nature of contemporary life. Again, Fielding gets it just right.  And how terrific is that illustration? 

1 comment:

  1. I totally skimmed this post because I heard through the grapevine {twitter, cough cough} that the book jacket reveals some kind of NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! plot point and I didn't want to find out. But I guess we find out soon enough so...maybe I'll read your post after all! : )

    ReplyDelete