Thursday, March 20, 2014

What's happening at the core...



I was invited by School Library Journal to talk about action on the ground in one of their great free webcasts today. My slides:



Our state is in a weird place with CCSS, and I don't think we're the only ones. We have CCSS so integrated into our standards, pulling them out would be almost impossible. You can love or hate the standards -- I don't know that they vary wildly from what we have had in the past. But I don't think we've begun to really grapple with testing mandated by CCSS adoption. Our system has received all sort of awards for technology integration, but when it comes to CCSS-aligned testing, we have to revert to pencil and paper. Our network and hardware just aren't up to it. What does that forewarn about the allocation of scant education money in this time of scarcity?

No comments:

Post a Comment