Saturday, June 14, 2014

I do it to myself...

...I was racing down to Montomgery for our ALLA board meeting yesterday morning when I realized I had already burned two of my nine weeks off this summer. With our state conferences (ASLA and AETC) the week after school ended, then a quick trip to see my bestie and her girls, then the board meeting, a good-ish slice of my summer has slipped through my fingertips.



I'm hanging at home until next Wednesday, when I leave for ALA Annual. UNT's graduate school has announced my dissertation defense for next Friday, the 20th (above) -- it will be via videoconference, so mercifully no travel. In the meantime, I also have to get things together for Freedom to Read Foundation, United States Board on Books for Young People, and Odyssey audiobook award meetings, and prep for a panel presentation on teens spaces at the conference. 

Believe it or not the real insanity begins in July -- Key West for vacation, then leaving for the Annenberg-Newseum Educator Workshop (#anew14) the same day we get home, then the next week at the NEH Seminar on Emily Dickinson in Amherst, then another European excursion before I have to move ALL the books again...new library, hooray!

It begs the question, WHY? Why not just hang around the house? It is one of the perks, and perils, of having a little more than two months off, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment